The Orthopedic and Spine Institute of St. Louis is open and operating as usual.
We are closely monitoring the outbreak of COVID-19 (Corona virus). To minimize exposure to our other patients and staff, we are asking our patients who are sick, patients that have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 or patients that have traveled to one of the high-risk areas to please cancel your appointment. We are requesting that you bring only 1 support person to the office with you and to not bring children under the age of 18 to the office. (if the patient is college age or younger, both parents can come to the appointment).
Steps that the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Citizens has suggested to help reduce the risk of getting any viral respiratory infections include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid close contact with others
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces
- Maintain social distancing
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) activated a statewide public hotline for citizens or providers needing guidance regarding the COVID-19. The hotline is 877.435.8411. The hotline is operated by medical professionals and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Below are links to additional resources and guidance: